Below are several book titles that are helpful when dealing with the loss of a pet:
- Remember Rafferty by Joy Johnson
- When Your Pet Dies: A Guide to Mourning, Remembering & Healing by Alan D.Wolfelt, PhD
- Grieving the Death of a Pet by Betty J. Carmack
- The Berenstain Bears Lose a Friend by Jan Berenstain and Mike Berenstain
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- Goodbye Friend by Gary Kowalski
- Cold Noses at the Pearly Gate by Gary Kurtz
- The Rainbow Bridge: Pet Loss is Heaven’s Gain by Niki Behrikis Shanahan
- Kindred Spirits by Allen M. Schoen
- Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat by David Dosa, M.D.
The above books are available at our facility.
It can be harder to lose a dog than a relative or friend — here’s why
Frank T. McAndrew, The Conversation